Thursday, June 28, 2012

I really want to knock this guys teeth down his throat

I know the title of this, my latest blog post, got ya'll like whaaaaat, Keith is trippin. Yeah you right, I know I know I know, I already know. I shouldn't be having those type of thoughts, especially as Christian. God calls us to love our enemies and bless them that curse us and not to return evil for evil. He even commands us to pray those people that persecute us. Matt. 5:44. I have put that scripture into practice many times before and watched God deal with my enemies for me. But this time, with this particular person, I'm like AHHHHHH. I've sought peace between us and prayed for this dude and his family. I have tried to help him when he has a work related problem and even offered him some of my lunch snacks. The good stuff I'm talking chip ahoys here. I even shared with him pics of my babies but nothing seems to soften him up. He is still is a loud, rude, lazy, angry, gossiping, wanna be bully and it drives me nuts. I have worked with people like this before but not for this long of a time. I prayed for God to help me to love people like he does, not really realizing what I was asking for until now. I know that Gods love is unconditional, perfect, patient and kind. But now I REALLY know a little something about Gods love because even though that coworker of mine is not a lovable person I still love him. It's Gods spirit in me that is doing something to my heart. The Lord is showing me the sin and the imperfections of my own heart and mind that lay hidden where only he can see and yet he still loves me. Things that I honestly thought I had overcome. So pray for me because to be real, I don't want to hurt this man, after all he is made in the image of my God. I want him to know the love of Jesus. I just gotta pick up my cross, put to death my fleshly desires, (like knocking his teeth down his throat) and allow Jesus to love him through me. And even if my coworker never receives it, I will have become more like Jesus who loves me perfectly, patiently,  and unconditionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment