Friday, April 10, 2009

Good friday

Today was beautiful because I got to spend good quality time with my brothers and sisters in the Lord. That was after the preaching of the word of God by Pastor Ricks, Minister Lee, Chaplin Morse, Pastor Clark, and Pastor Moss. I forgot the other sister's name but God really spoke through them today. They preached from the book of Matthew 27:32-54 Basically talking about all that Jesus endured for us, the beatings, mock trials, the humilation of being spat upon and ridiculed, the false accusations, desertion, and finally the crucifixtion itself. They drove home the point that he didn't say a word, and that he didn't give up in the face of extreme opposition and persecution. He endured to the end, accomplishing his Father's will, and fully fulfiilling the righteous requirements of the law all while fulfilling the prophecies made in the past concerning the coming Messiah.
It's an incredible feeling to know that I am loved by God that much that he would go through all that for me and give me eternal life with him and his people. And that's what made today beautiful for me, being in the midst of people who love God like I do and think like I do. Plus the Lord said, "where two or three are gathered together in my name I am in the midst of them. How awesome is that, to be in the presence of God with joy and thanksgiving! Yes today was truly lovely indeed and I owe it all to Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment