Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Remembering Jesus

When in the frailty of my weakness my strength fails
and when in the anguish of my heart my soul wails
when life is as cold as wintry gails
I'll think of you Jesus and your hands pierced with nails

When the fowler spoils and the scoffer scorns
and my hopes for this life have been shredded and torn
I'll fall to the floor, and on my face I will mourn
and then I'll think of you Jesus, and your crown of thorns

When I'm all alone and no friend doth abide
and the furnace is set ablaze for me to be tried
and It reveals my impurities, the sinfulness of my pride
I'll think of the water, and the blood, that spilled from your side

When the world comes against me I'll kneel down and pray
And when my flesh rises up please don't let me go astray
And when the devil spreads his lies, I will tell the truth and say
Jesus Christ is Lord and he rose again the third day

And when you ascended into heaven it was with great victory
You took captive that thing which held me in captivity
Sin and death no longer reign, for your Spirit of Truth has set me free
And now you sit upon a throne of grace, forever,
clothed in majesty

No comments:

Post a Comment