Saturday, October 23, 2010

The goodness of God

I remember when there was a point in my life when having my own family was just a dream. I just wanted my own, you know. I felt so lonely and I cried out to God, literally, and begged him to give me a wife and children. One child at least from my own loins and more specifically a son. I knew I didn't have the gift of celibacy so abstaining from sex was extremely hard for me. Plus I wondered what it would be like to have a woman in my life that knew the Lord. I would be cool for a year, a year and half, then give in to my sinful desires. But God is faithful and gracious. My Lord Jesus stood by me the whole time, what seemed like forever, during that trial of loneliness and depression. I was in my early to mid thirties and still hadn't had any children of my own. I had smoked so much weed that I thought I may have permanently damaged the goods, know what I mean. There weren't any other males in my family with my last name and if I died or something that would be it. That thought dogged for awhile not only because there wouldn't be anyone to carry on the family name but I didn't to die without having a son to raise up to the Lord. Someone with my name to be a ambassador for Christ on the Earth. I remember God promised me a son. I heard Him say to me that He would me a son, but honestly over the course of the years I had forgotten that promise, but He didn't. Even I wasn't always faithful or good, the Lord remained faithful and demonstrated His goodness in this one of countless ways. He blessed me with a beautiful baby boy. Thank you Jesus for being so good to me. To anyone out there who is lonely, afraid or don't know where to turn, I say call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Call on God, he is waiting for you and wanting to comfort you and heal you and listen to you and save you and deliver you. Confess your sins to God he is not going to condemn you, he will forgive you. Ask God to come into your heart turn away from sins and be saved get baptized in the name of Jesus and experience all the love that God has for you.


I

No comments:

Post a Comment